Sunday, November 2, 2008

How it all began

I want to welcome you to our new blog "Common Threads" and explain a little about how it began and our desire for it in your life. Becky and I (Amy) recently began praying about where God wanted the women's ministry aspect of our church (The Commons) to go. In the past, we have done a weekly Bible study devoted to women but neither of us feel like this is what we are supposed to do at this time. We do feel like it is something we will do again in the future but we knew we needed to do something else right now. As we began to pray and talk about what to do, Becky (in her wisdom) suggested that we do a discussion blog for women instead! I immediately thought it was a great idea! We know that there is no way we could select a day and time each week for a Bible study that would work for everyone. This way though, with a discussion blog, we can post devotionals, thoughts, etc. and you can read them and comment on them in your own time! And everyone can be a part of it!

After we decided to go this direction, there was the question about what to call it. Last night I had a dream and, although I have no idea what the dream was about, I woke up and the concept of "threads" was running through my mind. As I laid in bed thinking about it, I thought about how incredible it is that all of us have come from so many different places in life but are significantly thread together in Christ. And then it came to me...we have a "Common Thread" which also plays off the name of our church! :)

I don't think Becky or I would claim to be the most eloquent writers. Nor do we believe we have incredible wisdom to impart to each of you. We do hope that we can share with you some devotional thoughts through this blog that will encourage you in your personal lives and walk with the Lord. We ask that you also take part by leaving comments for others to read and respond to. Don't feel like you have to have something "wise" to say in order to leave a comment. We simply want to know your heart and to hear how God is working in your life!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Now I can be a part of this even when I am in TX. I love the name! This is so exciting! I can't wait to see what's to come. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!Think it's a great idea and can't wait to see all that comes from it. Don't get buried by the snow!! :)
    Love you friend
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

Background